I am ONE day away from being a college graduate (minus the commencement ceremony- that’s a week from Sunday)! Thank you all so much for your support and well wishes; I am sure you will be excited to read about something other than homework and group projects for a change ;)!
Yesterday’s finals left my brain pretty fried, and although I still have one more to study for, I have been daydreaming of all the things I want to/need to/wish I could do once classes and homework are out of my life. Since there is really no better way to validate these daydreams than by writing a blog post about them, I thought, instead of making a list of goals for May, I would make a list of things I want to accomplish post-graduation. Some of these things I really need to do, and others, well, they will help me relieve some of that “I just studied my life away for five years” stress :).
Goals for May After Graduation
1. Get a haircut. I
finally made just made the appointment for this; I am treating myself to a clarifying treatment and a cut next Friday
2. Clean my room. Seriously, it needs a major scrub down.
For the record, those clothes are clean (I did laundry two days ago- promise I’m not that gross!), and yes, I do have three Easter baskets just sitting on my floor. And I can’t believe I’m showing you this picture.
3. Sell and send back books. I rented half of my books, and bought the other half. As soon as I can get those
dust collectors things off of my hands, I will.
5. Shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows. Wait, did I just type that? Here’s the thing, the last thing I want to do is spend extra time in the bathroom when I know I have
better things studying to do. Lucky for me, we haven’t had shorts/skirt/dress weather this week.
6. Clean out my closest. See #2
7. Update the blog. Since I will no longer be “a twenty-something college student finishing up my degree in Communication Studies,” I am going to change my blog to reflect the changes in my life. I don’t plan to do anything too drastic, just enough to show that I have time to dedicate to blogging again :).
8. Find a job. This kind of goes without saying. Next week my full-time job will be job searching.
9. Play guitar. I use to play guitar. I have a guitar. I just haven’t used it in a long time. This should change.
10. Go on vacation
Well, a girl can dream…
Since I’m making changes, is there anything you’d like to see on my blog?
What are your summer goals/plans?