I am ONE day away from being a college graduate (minus the commencement ceremony- that’s a week from Sunday)! Thank you all so much for your support and well wishes; I am sure you will be excited to read about something other than homework and group projects for a change ;)!
Yesterday’s finals left my brain pretty fried, and although I still have one more to study for, I have been daydreaming of all the things I want to/need to/wish I could do once classes and homework are out of my life. Since there is really no better way to validate these daydreams than by writing a blog post about them, I thought, instead of making a list of goals for May, I would make a list of things I want to accomplish post-graduation. Some of these things I really need to do, and others, well, they will help me relieve some of that “I just studied my life away for five years” stress.
Goals for May After Graduation
1. Get a haircut. I
finally made just made the appointment for this; I am treating myself to a clarifying treatment and a cut next Friday
2. Clean my room. Seriously, it needs a major scrub down.
For the record, those clothes are clean (I did laundry two days ago- promise I’m not that gross!), and yes, I do have three Easter baskets just sitting on my floor. And I can’t believe I’m showing you this picture.
3. Sell and send back books. I rented half of my books, and bought the other half. As soon as I can get those
dust collectors things off of my hands, I will.
5. Shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows. Wait, did I just type that? Here’s the thing, the last thing I want to do is spend extra time in the bathroom when I know I have
better things studying to do. Lucky for me, we haven’t had shorts/skirt/dress weather this week.
6. Clean out my closest. See #2
7. Update the blog. Since I will no longer be “a twenty-something college student finishing up my degree in Communication Studies,” I am going to change my blog to reflect the changes in my life. I don’t plan to do anything too drastic, just enough to show that I have time to dedicate to blogging again.
8. Find a job. This kind of goes without saying. Next week my full-time job will be job searching.
9. Play guitar. I use to play guitar. I have a guitar. I just haven’t used it in a long time. This should change.
10. Go on vacation
Well, a girl can dream…
Since I’m making changes, is there anything you’d like to see on my blog?
What are your summer goals/plans?