Remember when my laptop crashed, two months ago? Well…I’ve finally taken the plunge. Don’t mind the fact that I’m still using a flip phone from
1999 2009 (that purchase will just have to wait), I now have a brand new laptop waiting for me at Best Buy. In the nine months that I’ve been working full-time, it’s my first real “big girl” purchase.
I know it’s not a car or a house, but it feels kind of good knowing that I paid for it by myself. Fingers crossed that this laptop lasts a long time. I had a ton of issues with my first laptop, a Dell Inspiron, but I’ve read nothing but good things about Samsung’s models. I’m picking it up on Friday!
On a completely different note, a couple of weeks ago, I was nominated for a Liebster Award from two lovely ladies from Fit Fun in Third and This Bride’s Joyride. Basically, the Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, by other bloggers who also have a smaller following, to help spread the word of new blogs.
There are four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting the award:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
I’m not exactly sure how to tell how many followers each blog has, so I apologize if you have more than 200 followers (I’m sure some of you do!).
Molly @ This Life is Sparkling
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat
Laura @ Laura Likes Design
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection
Hilary @ My Crafted Life
As far as random facts go…
1. I don’t wear my engagement ring to the gym. I’m paranoid that I’ll scratch it while weight training, that it’ll fly off during Zumba, or that it’ll get stuck when my fingers swell. Am I the only one?
2. I have seen every episode from all 10 seasons of ‘Friends,’ and I’m slowly working my way through all of the seasons of ‘How I Met Your Mother.’ The more I watch ‘How I Met Your Mother,’ the more I realize how similar it is to ‘Friends.’ And it’s so addicting. I love Marshall and Lily…
3. In 88 days, I will be married. I can’t believe we’re down to double digits!
4. I could eat sushi and Mexican every day of the week (just not at the same time). I never get sick of it.
5. In college, I taught myself how to play the guitar. Unfortunately, I haven’t kept up with it, and now my guitar just sits in my room. And I really need to change the strings. Anyone happen to know how to do that (because I don’t…)?
Now it’s your turn; tell me something about you!
What was your first “big girl” purchase?
What kind of computer do you have?